Glasses are great. They help you see the world around you, protect your eyes, and if they're tinted, they reduce the strain on the eyes. Tinting means UV protection and less need for squinting.
Glasses can give you the confidence of a Hollywood star and shield you from unwanted looks in case you haven't gotten the desired nap time. Aside from the added privacy, they are an excellent accessory for almost any outfit.
But would you believe there are glasses on the market that are more expensive than a Ferrari FF? Yes, some glasses are a Hollywood status symbol and cost as much, too.
Do you want a luxury accessory with gold, diamonds, and other precious gemstones? Read on to find out about the most expensive sunglasses in the world!
For more inspiration on luxury goods, visit the Ask Genie blog!
The Most Expensive Glasses and Sunglasses in the World
We have compiled a list of the ten most expensive glasses and sunglasses on the market:
1) Chopard De Rigo Vision Sunglasses
Chopard sunglasses are popular with a lot of celebrities worldwide. For instance, Tom Jones, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Elton John.
The Swiss Jewelry House collaborated with popular sunglass maker De Rigo for this stunning pair of sunglasses. Of course, this masterpiece was showcased in the city of bling and fame itself, Dubai, in May 2012.
A special design highlight for the most expensive sunglasses in the world is the technique used to fixate the diamonds onto them. Usually, the classic pave setting is used for diamonds, but in this case, these gemstones were set even more closely together to add more carat and bling to the glasses.
The way the diamonds are set together emits a mesmerizing light to anyone who can lay their eyes on this masterpiece.
To ensure everyone knows that these glasses come from the Swiss Jewelry House Chopard, de Rigo Vision had a big C engraved onto the frames.
If you can afford the hefty price tag of $400k, you can add the Chopard de Rigo Vision as a unique fashion statement to your closet. Personally, we would be too scared even to wear them without some really good insurance!
2) Cartier Panthere Glasses
The French luxury brand Cartier is well-known for its beautiful and exclusive jewelry and watches. But they also make some of the most expensive glasses in the world.
Their products are a favourite staple of many celebrities and even royalty, such as the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, or King Edward vii!
Several other opticals and sunglasses made by Cartier are much more affordable than this masterpiece, though. What makes the Cartier Panthere glasses so expensive is the pure 18k gold frames, 561 cut diamonds and 645 blue sapphires, making these glasses a true one-of-a-kind.
And for those of you that wonder if that many stones will make a pair of glasses too heavy to wear, you would be surprised! Even though they are heavier than your average lenses, they’re definitely worth it!
3) Luxuriator Style 23 Canary Diamond Glasses
The Luxuriator Style 23 Canary was designed by L.A.-based jeweller Franco Inc in 2004. These diamond sunglasses were hand-made with special pave and micro pave VSGF diamonds.
There are two styles available of the Luxuriator Style 23 Canary:
- The Luxuriator Uno comes with a single-bridge chassis.
- The Luxuriator Due comes with a double-bridge chassis.
If you wish to personalize your shades, you can ask for enamelled or hand-engraved versions of these expensive glasses. Lenses can also be made with anti-reflective coating or come with:
- flash mirrored lenses.
- polarized lenses.
- photochromic lenses.
4) Bulgari Flora Sunglasses
The Italian luxury brand Bulgari is known for its wide range of luxury products. Their accessories and fragrances are often featured in some of the best hotels in the world. Bulgari watches and jewelry are popular expensive gifts and status symbols.
The brand produces luxury eyewear for customers worldwide, including these Bulgari Flora Sunglasses.
Their special Flora Sunglasses feature lots of diamonds set in a feminine flower shape on the frames of the dark-tinted shades. They are definitely a mesmerizing sight to behold.
5) Gold and Wood 253 Diamond Glasses
Gold and Wood are renowned makers of sunglasses and eyewear. The Paris-based design house has produced some of the most expensive sunglasses with these diamond-studded frames. This design, also known as The Prestige, comes with solid platinum accents as well as horn temple stems that are - you guessed it - hand-shaped.
We understand that $55k might be slightly above most readers' eyewear budget, but we have good news for you! If you would still like to purchase a high-quality pair of Gold and Wood sunglasses, you can choose from other (much more affordable) collections. Instead of platinum, they would be made of:
- titanium and wood
- carbon fibre and wood
6) Lugano Diamonds Sunglasses
Lugano Diamonds is a well-known gemstone house, especially famous for its incredibly unique and extremely rare stones that are used in luxurious creations.
These glasses with gold frames and flashy pink lenses, and of course, pink diamonds, or with a leopard print yellow and black diamonds.
The price of the Lugano Diamonds Sunglasses stems from either 2.85-carat or 3.59-carat diamonds.
7) Cartier Paris 18k Gold Sunglasses
Cartier Paris has always known how to take luxury items to the next level.
The French brand decided to go for 18k gold for these bespoke 18k Gold Sunglasses. On top of that, the designers added a total of 188 diamonds (7.5 carats) to their frames. Together, these items are worth enough to purchase a car.
But who needs to drive around in their own car if they can flaunt these luxurious sunglasses instead?
8) Cartier Paris CT01710
Another stunner from Cartier are the CT01710 glasses from Cartier with solid gold frames and rimless lenses.
You can choose between 18-karat yellow or white gold as well as rose gold frames for these glasses that were inspired by some of Cartier's older lines.
9) Porsche P8624
These Porsche-designed frames boast elegance, practicality, and style. All thanks to their mix of titanium, gold, and a special UV technology to protect your eyes.
The 18k gold frame of the Porsche P8624 glasses puts these glasses on this list and will definitely withstand a lot of wear and tear throughout the years.
Plus, who doesn't want a pair of sunglasses to match their favourite sports car?
10) Cartier Paris 1990 Malmaison Bubinga Wood Glasses
The French design house is clearly well known for designing glasses with a hefty price tag. Cartier produces some of the most expensive sunglasses in the world because they combine pure gold with something as plain as wood and make it look like the most luxurious item in the world.
Therefore, Cartier's gold and wood frames go for a hefty $6,000. Even though they are a vintage edition that was released in 1990.
In fact, the glasses are completely new even though they were released in 1990. The company has been storing them since instead of selling them. Now, upon purchase, you will receive them with a silk-padded crimson red box - Cartier's icon.
What glasses are the most expensive in the world?
The Chopard Sunglasses mentioned above are the most expensive sunglasses in the world. They are worth a whopping $400,000, but you’ll be sure to catch the attention of everyone around you!
Which brand of glasses is the best?
Rayban glasses are known for being reliable glasses that you keep going back to. And what’s better, they sit at a reasonable price point too.
Do glasses ever expire?
The simplest answer is no - they don't. And this is a good thing since you might be able to keep a collector's item for many years to come and sell them for a bit of a profit after a while if the demand is high!
Sprinkle a Little Luxury into Your Life with Spin Genie
Have a go at the best online slots in Ontario or check out the best online casino in Ontario to help sprinkle a little luxury into your life and purchase your very own pair of the most expensive glasses in the world.
If you’re on the lookout for more expensive luxury items, check out some of our other recommendations:
- What Are The Most Expensive Sneakers Ever Sold?
- The Most Expensive Gaming Chairs You Can Purchase in 2023!
- The Most Expensive Gaming Mouse You Can Buy!
- Most Expensive Houses Ever To Be Sold In Calgary!
- Which Rapper Has The Most Expensive House In The World
- The Most Expensive Laptops In The World
- What Are The Most Expensive Sid Dickens Tiles You Can Buy?
- The Most Expensive TVs You Can Buy
- What Are The Most Expensive Violins In The World?
- The Most Expensive Dirt Bikes You Can Buy
- The Most Expensive Starbucks Drinks You Can Order
- Most Expensive Restaurants in Calgary, Canada
- Most Expensive Neighbourhoods in Canada
- Where Can You Buy the Most Expensive Sushi in Toronto, Canada?
- Most Expensive Magic: The Gathering Cards
- The World's Most Expensive Cheeses Revealed!
- The World's Most Expensive Restaurants Revealed!
- What Is the Most Expensive Type of Betta Fish?
- Vancouver’s Most Expensive Condos
- Most Expensive Comic Books in the World
- What Are The Most Expensive Types Of Honey In The World?
- The Most Expensive Foods You Can Eat in the World!
- The Most Expensive Restaurants in Vancouver, Canada?
- The Most Expensive Hotels To Stay At In Toronto, Canada
- Which Are the Most Expensive LEGO Sets You Can Buy?
- What Are the Most Expensive Cities in North America?
- Most Expensive Phones in the World
- What Was The Most Expensive Horse Ever Sold?
- Most Expensive Houses in Winnipeg, Canada
- The Most Expensive Tim Hortons Hockey Cards
- What is the Most Expensive Car You Can Buy in Canada?
- What Are The Most Expensive Rolex Watches You Can Buy In The World?
- Where Are The Most Expensive Houses In Canada?
- What Are The Most Expensive Anime Figures You Can Collect And Buy?
- What Are The Most Expensive Cakes In The World?
- What Are The Most Expensive Restaurants In Montreal?
- What is the Most Expensive Hockey Card You Can Collect and Buy?
- What Are The Most Expensive Houses In Vancouver?
- Most Expensive Cities In The World
- What Is The Most Expensive Thing In The World?
- Most Expensive Neighborhoods In Edmonton, CA
- What Is The Most Expensive Car In The World?
- What Are The Most Expensive Cities In Canada?
- Most Expensive Restaurants In Toronto You Should Try
- Which Are The Most Expensive Cars To Insure In Ontario?
- What is the Most Expensive Gaming PC you can Build or Buy?